Metatartaric acid a polyester from the tartaric acid, its anticrystallizing ability depends on its esterification index. Derivados Vínicos S.A ensures an esterification index over 38 and guarantees a long lasting protection effect. The hydrolysis process of the product in the wine increases its speed, the faster the speed, the higher the wine conservation will be.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE:
- Precautions to take into consideration: before usage ensure a complete deproteination of the wine, as well as its low content of calcium; metatartaric acid can cause reversible or irreversible cloudiness. In case of irreversible cloudiness, filter the wine before any other treatment.
- Applied on extremely cold wines may produce cloudiness due to the formation of anomalous crystals.
- Metatartaric acid is not recommended for wines very rich in calcium, because it can cause a little haziness.
- Metatartaric acid precipitates with residual lysozyme ensure there is no lysozyme in the wine before treatment.
- The highest legal doses of metatartaric acid is 10 g /hl.
Stabilizing agent for tartaric precipitations in finished wines.
Dissolved 1 kilogram every 10 liters of water or wine.
Add the preparation before filtering, during pumping over.
Use a dosing pump for this process. Do not use hot water during the preparation.
Maximum legal dose 10 g/l.
STORAGE AND PRESENTATION
Store in a cool, airy place. Once opened consumed quickly.
15 kg bags.