The compost produced by Derivados Vínicos S.A. can be used as a substrate for growing potted plants.
Compost – Substrate is a product obtained from the process of aerobic composting of viticultural organic waste, under controlled conditions of temperature and humidity.
During the production process of Compost - Substrate, the physicochemical monitoring is carried out in order to guarantee the quality of the final product.
ADVANTAGES OF USING COMPOST – SUBSTRATE
The use of compost as a substrate component provides:
- Support and anchor to the plant.
- Good ventilation and porosity.
- High water retention capacity.
- Good drainage.
- High content of organic matter and nutrients available for long periods of time.
- It stimulates the activity of microorganisms favoring soil fertility.
Research has been carried out through a Technical Assistance Agreement with INTA - EEA Mendoza using Compost - Substrate in the production of thoughts and primroses.
STORAGE AND PACKAGING
Currently the sale is in bulk.